Low Carb Mediterranean-Style Tuna Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 6 oz. cans olive-oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 C. yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped pitted Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped anchovies (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Combine tuna, onion, vinegar, oil, capers, red pepper, olives, parsley, anchovies, salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Tip: Look for anchovies in glass jars, which are easier to reseal than the tins. Anchovy fillets melt when heated. Add some to garlic as you sauté vegetables, or toss a few into a dip before you purée. Their somewhat off-putting texture disintegrates, and their pungent flavor is distributed throughout the dish.
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook by Colette Heimowitz. Copyright (c) 2011 by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. Printed by permission of Touchstone Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.