Low Fat Tiramisu
- 2, 8 oz. pkgs light cream cheese ( Neufchatel ), softened
- 1 cup sifted Powdered Sugar
- 4-5 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 2 8-oz. containers Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 C. sour cream (fat free or regular)
- 2-3 pkg. purchased Lady fingers or
- 1/2 C. strong black coffee
- 13 Tbs. coffee liqueur (divided throughout recipe)
- cocoa powder + shaved sweet chocolate for between layers and for top.
- Chocolate syrup for decorating the Plate ( optional )
1. For filling: In large bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 5 Tbs. coffee liqueur; beat with an electric mixer on med. speed until blended and smooth. Stir in 1 container of the Cool Whip. set aside.
2. For the frosting: In another bowl, combine the second container of Cool Whip, the sour cream and 4 Tbs. coffee liqueur and set aside
3. Use a square 8-9 inch Pyrex baking pan. Line the bottom with Saran wrap and let it hang over the pan on 2 sides (o you can lift cake out of the pan for cutting and serving). Put split ladyfingers close in bottom of pan so they cover the bottom. Paint lady fingers lightly with mixture of strong black coffee and 4 Tbs. coffee liqueur. Do not soak. Next, spread half of the filling evenly on the lady fingers. Sift a light layer over with cocoa powder, and spread with grated or shaved ( use a vegetable pealer) sweet or semisweet chocolate.
4. Repeat process for each layer (2-3 layers). Spread the frosting on top, swirl it around to cover the cake. Sift with cocoa powder and decorate with shaved chocolate curls. Cover lightly with foil and refrigerate for several hours.
To serve: lift up the cake out of the pan grabbing the both ends of the Saran wrap, put on flat surface and cut into equal size squares.
Swirl the serving plates with chocolate syrup to decorate before putting the cake on the plates.