Macaroni and Cheese by Bravo’s Top Chef Richard Blais
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. flour
- 1/4 C. butter
- 2 C. elbow macaroni, cooked
- 13 oz. low fat milk
- 1 /4 C. Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 C. roux
- 6 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
For the Roux:
- Melt the butter and add in the flour while cooking in a pan over low heat.
- Continue to whisk the mixture until the flour’s color is tan and has a sand-like texture. Reserve.
For the Macaroni:
- Cook elbow macaroni in boiling salted water per box instructions and then chill under cold water. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil. Then reduce the heat and whisk the roux into the hot milk. After the roux and the milk are fully combined, mix in the cream cheese and the Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt. Once this mixture starts to thicken, remove it from the heat and whisk in the shredded cheese, garlic salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add the chilled macaroni to the sauce.
For more recipes visit the Dannon Oikos site.
Around The Web