Serving Size / Yield
- 4 Green onions with tops
- 1 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs Butter (or margarine)
- 1 lb Medium shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 1 Tbs Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 C Heavy cream
- 1/4 C Mild green chilies (diced)
- 3 Tbs Unsalted dry roasted peanuts (coarsley chopped)
- Cooked bulgar
- Toasted coconut (or bottled chutney) optional
- Enoki mushrooms and red bell pepper strips for garnish
Cut onions diagonally into 1 inch pieces
Heat the wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into the wok and heat 30 seconds. Add onions and stir fry about 1 minute or until crisp tender. Remove to a small bowl. Set aside.
Add butter to the wok and swirl to coat the bottom. Add shrimp, curry powder, lemon peel, salt, sugar, and garlic. Stir fry about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Add cream and chilies and heat through.
Return onions to the wok.
Serve shrimp mixture over bulgur. Sprinkle with peanuts and coconut, if desired.
Garnish if desired.