Mama D's Sweet Dragon’s Breath Stir Fry
Serving Size / Yield
- Beef Marinade:
- 1/3 C. Tamari (or other high quality soy sauce)
- 3 Tbs. Sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Stir Fry:
- 2 lbs. sirloin tip steak, in thin slices, cut against the grain for optimum tenderness
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into medium sized wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into medium sized wedges
- 4 jalepeno or serrano peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 celery stalks, cut on a bias
- one 8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- one 8 oz. can bamboo shoots, drained
- one 14 oz. can baby corn, drained
- 3 Tbs. Mongolian Fire Oil (chili and sesame oil mix), divided
- one 12 oz. jar stir fry sauce
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. Tamari
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- sriracha sauce to taste
- 1 3 oz. can rice noodles
- Hot cooked steamed rice
- 4 sliced scallions for garnish
Combine marinade ingredients. Place beef strips in a resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over beef and mix around to coat evenly. Seal, then marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of two hours. For best results, marinate overnight.
Remove meat from marinade. Discard whatever is left. Heat fire oil in wok. When oil is heated, add beef and stir fry until meat is browned. This will not take long; it will probably take around 5-7 minutes. Remove beef from wok and set to the side.
Add another 2 Tbs. fire oil to wok. Add garlic, peppers, onion, carrot, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and baby corn to wok and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add beef into vegetables. Add stir fry sauce, reserving 3 ounces for later. Add brown sugar. Stir in well. Cook 10 more minutes.
Combine reserved stir fry sauce, tamari, and cornstarch in bowl, mixing very well. Add to the stir fry, stirring well to thicken sauce. Add srirachi sauce to taste. Add rice so serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle rice noodles over rice. Serve stir fry over rice and noodles, and garnish with sliced scallions.