Mango Key Lime Pound Cake
- Key Lim Cream:
- 1 8 oz. pkg. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 C. light whipped topping, thawed, if frozen
- 1/2 C. Equal Spoonful or 12 packets Equal sweetener
- 1/4 C. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 10 3/4 oz. pkg. frozen reduced-fat or fat-free pound cake, thawed
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
For Key Lime Cream, beat cream cheese in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in whipped topping, Equal, lime juice and peel, and vanilla. Set aside.
For Cake, cut pound cake horizontally into 3 slices. Place bottom layer of cake on serving plate. Spread with 1/4 C. of the cream cheese mixture. Top with one- third of the sliced mango, and another 1/4 C. of the cream mixture. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Info: Per Serving: Calories: 219, Fat: 7 grams, Sodium:
216 mg, Cholesterol: 16 mg, Carbohydrates: 33 grams, Protein: 5 grams Dietary Exchange: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat