Market Pantry Grilled French Toast Sandwiches with Warm Berry Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C. Market Pantry Frozen Triple Berry Blend (from 12-oz. bag)
- 3/4 c. Market Pantry Strawberry Preserves
- 2 Tbs. Market Pantry Butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Market Pantry 2% Milk
- 2 Tbs. Market Pantry Sugar
- 1 tsp. Market Pantry Vanilla
- 1/3 C. Market Pantry All-Purpose Flour
- 8 slices Archer Farms Sliced Tuscan Loaf
- 12 slices Market Pantry Healthy Honey Ham Deli Slices
- 8 slices Market Pantry Muenster Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Market Pantry Powdered Sugar
- Combine berries and preserves in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes until bubbly and fruit is soft.
- Stir; set aside to cool slightly while preparing sandwiches.
- Heat nonstick griddle to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the melted butter and egg in large shallow bowl until well blended.
- Whisk in milk, sugar and vanilla. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place on griddle. Cook about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- For each sandwich, flip over one slice of bread. Top cooked side of bread with one slice of cheese, 3 slices ham, and another slice of cheese.
- Place second slice of French toast cooked side down on top of cheese. Cook about 3 minutes until bottom is golden brown.
- Flip entire sandwich over to cook last side of sandwich. Cook about 3 minutes until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Repeat for remaining 3 sandwiches.
- Dust top of each sandwich with powdered sugar by placing powdered sugar in fine mesh strainer and gently tapping sides.
- Serve with fruit sauce for pouring or on the side for dipping.
Around The Web