Mascarpone Chicken Pasta Bake
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 3 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, trimmed and 1" dice
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 (8-oz.) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. pasta of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix zest, lemon juice, mascarpone and pepper in a bowl, then whisk to combine. Bring a pasta pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet and cook the chicken until it is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two, then season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot and set over medium heat. Stir in the mascarpone and lemon mixture, chicken, and tomatoes. Loosen the sauce with about 1/4 C. of the water and toss all over the ingredients together. Top with additional cheese and place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.