Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Yams
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 med. sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 Tbs. butter
- ½ C. Non-Fat Plain Voskos Greek yogurt or enough to moisten the potatoes
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry or dark rum
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar or to taste
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/3 C. chopped dates
- 1/3 C. toasted slivered blanched almonds or chopped walnuts
- ground cinnamon
Cook the unpeeled sweet potatoes or yams in boiling water to cover about 30 minutes or until tender. Drain, peel, and mash to a smooth purée.
Add the butter, yogurt, sherry, or rum, sugar, and salt and beat with a fork or whisk until very light. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the dates and nuts.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Voskos Greek Yogurt.