Meatless Cranberry and Walnut Stuffed Winter Squash
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 small summer squash
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 C. finely diced onion (optional)
- 2 C. dried cranberries
- 1 C. chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbs. dry bread crumbs
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs. minced marjoram or basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out seeds.
- Slice off the bottoms of the squash.
- In a skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion until tender (optional).
- Transfer to a bowl and let sit until cool.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts, 2 tbsp., bread crumbs, egg, marjoram, salt and pepper until mixed together well.
- Spoon mixture into the squash shells and sprinkle remaining bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until sides are tender.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Serve up hot and enjoy.
Around The Web