Meatloaf with Roasted Vegetables
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, crust trimmed, bread torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 1/3 C. plus 1 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can beef broth
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, quartered lengthwise
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled, quartered lengthwise
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mash bread, eggs and 3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce in large bowl until smooth paste forms. Mix in onion, 1/3 C. ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add beef and mix thoroughly. Mound meat mixture in 13x9x2-inch baking pan, shaping into 8x4-inch loaf. Spread remaining 1 Tbs. ketchup over meat loaf.
Pour broth and remaining 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce into pan around meat loaf. Arrange vegetables around meat loaf. Cover pan with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until vegetables are tender and meat loaf is cooked through, about 35 minutes. Using spatula, transfer meat loaf to platter. Surround with vegetables; spoon some pan juices over.