Mediterranean Style Grilled Beef Skewers
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
- 2 green onions
- 3 Tbs. C. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano (crushed)
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
1) Cut meat into 1-1/2 in. cubes.
2) Place meat cubes in a plastic bag and place in a shallow baking dish.
3) In a bowl, mix onion, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tarragon, oregano and pepper. Pour this mixture over the meat and seal bag. Let marinate for 4 hours.
4) When the time comes, drain the meat.
5) Thread meat cubes onto six metal skewers leaving 1/4 in. between pieces. Place kebabs on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat for 10 minutes turning occasionally to brown evenly.
(photo cred: http://www.chow.com/galleries/506/healthy-recipes-with-mediterranean-flavors#!12773/beef-and-vegetable-shish-kebabs)