Mediterranean Turkey on Whole Grain Bread
- 16 slices turkey breast
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 oz. reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted
- 6-8 marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1-2 Tbs. oil from artichokes
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 6 romaine leaves, shredded
- shredded carrots, optional
Add artichoke, feta, balsamic, artichoke oils and pitted olives to food processor.
Toast bread, if desired. Place 4 slices of turkey on 1 slice of the bread, then layer cucumber, carrots and romaine on top. On opposite slice of bread, spoon artichoke mixture to cover bread. Bring together and repeat to make 4 sandwiches.