20 min preparation + 25 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C. unsalted butter
- 3 C. white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 tsp. ground Mexican cinnamon (canela)
- 1/2 tsp. ground pequin chile pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12x15 in. pan with parchment paper, leaving about 3 inches of paper overhanging 2 sides to use as handles.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook on medium until the butter is about half melted. Mash the butter with sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs one at a time, incorporating each one before adding the next. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift the cocoa, flour, cinnamon, pequin pepper, salt, and baking powder into a bowl. Sprinkle in any salt caught in the sifter. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture, stirring to blend well, and pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and use parchment paper handles to remove the brownies
Around The Web