Mexican Chicken-in-a-Pot Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 lg. onions, coarsely chopped (about 2 C.)
- 2 lg. green peppers, coarsely chopped (about 2 C.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 7 C. Swanson® Chicken Broth or Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- hot cooked rice
Remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Shred about half of the chicken meat using 2 forks or pull apart with your fingers to yield about 2 cups. Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, pepper, garlic, cumin and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in the broth and tomatoes. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the lime juice. Spoon rice into each of 6 serving bowls. Ladle the soup over each serving of rice.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.