Mexican Crockpot Chili Con Carne
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
- salt and ground pepper
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 C. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 C. water
- 1 bag cheddar cheese, shredded
Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the beef.
Transfer the beef to a slow cooker. Add onion, bell pepper, beans, diced tomatoes and juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and water.
Cover and cook on high for eight hours. Gently pull apart the beef with two forks to shred. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with cheese on top.