Serving Size / Yield
- 4 C. chicken, cooked
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 C. onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 (29-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) whipped cream cheese
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 C. Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles, no-boil
Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until onions are tender. Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese continue cooking until cheese is melted, Reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro. Spread 3/4 C. chicken mixture into a greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Layer with 4 noodles, 2/3 C. ricotta mixture, 3/4 C. chicken mixture and 1 C. shredded cheese. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover foil. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let it stand for a few minutes before cutting.