Mexican Oatmeal Cookies
15 min preparation + 10 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 C. oats
- 1 block of Mexican chocolate
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the oats on high for a few seconds.
- Pulse the chocolate until it is a powder consistency.
- Add the chocolate to the oatmeal; set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until smooth.
- Beat one egg into the mixture until completely incorporated.
- Add the second egg along with the vanilla extract and continue beating.
- Stir the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; add to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Mix the oatmeal and chocolate into the mixture.
- Place balls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Around The Web