Mexican Spinach & Lime Soup
- 6 C. chicken stock (or canned/boxed chicken broth)
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. spinach (preferrably fresh, but frozen will do)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 3 dried chilies
- dash of chili oil (optional)
- Additional lime slices for garnish
- cotija cheese (optional)
- chopped avocado (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot. Add the dried chilis, cumin, and coriander, and let cook in the oil for a minute to release the aromas of the spices.
2. Pour in the 6 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
3. Add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, and chili oil (if desired). Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Serve with additional lime slices or fresh cotija cheese and avocado, if desired.