Mexican Style Skinny Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbs. chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 C. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 C. chicken both
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1 C. diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 C. cilantro
- sea salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 C. chicken broth
- 1/2 C. tomato sauce
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 C. shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 Tbs. cilantro, chopped, for topping
In a medium saucepan, heat some oil and saute the garlic. add the chipotle chiles, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic on low for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin,oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
Grease a 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Lay out the tortillas and put 1/3 C. chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll. Place the rolled tortillas, seam side down, in the baking dish. Top with the sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Top with sour cream and cilantro.