Microwave Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size / Yield
- 10 oz. no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed with back of spoon
- 1/2 C. shredded carrot
- 1/2 C. shredded zucchini
- 1 C. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 C. egg substitute
- 1/2 C. fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 3 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
In small saucepan, combine tomato sauce with garlic, basil, oregano and fennel. Simmer while you prepare the vegetables and cheese.
Place carrot and zucchini in a small bowl and combine with ricotta cheese, egg substitute and mozzarella cheese.
Cover bottom of ramekin with a thin coat of tomato sauce. Break one lasagna noodle in pieces to cover bottom of ramekin. Spread 1/3 of the vegetable-cheese mixture on top. Cover with 1/3 of tomato sauce. Continue to layer remaining noodles, vegetable-cheese mixture and tomato sauce, ending with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cover with waxed paper and place in microwave. Cook on High for 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from microwave and allow lasagna to rest for 3-4 minutes, covered, before serving.