Mini Crab Cakes with Spicy Pepper Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. jarred roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, grated
- 4 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 C. shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 tsp. + 4 Tbs. chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. fresh lump crab meat, picked over, patted dry, coarsely shredded
- 1 1/2 C. panko
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- fresh chives, chopped
Blend the sauce ingredients until they are smooth and set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/4 C. Parmesan and the egg and blend. Beat in the sour cream, zests, 4 tsp. chopped chives, salt, and cayenne pepper. Fold in the crab meat.
Grease a mini muffin pan. In another bowl, mix the panko, 3/4 C. Parmesan cheese, and 4 Tbs. chopped chives. Drizzle with the melted butter and toss with a fork until evenly moistened. Spoon 1 Tbs. of the panko mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup and press down with your thumb to form a well. This is the crust. Top with 1 Tbs. of the crab mixture and sprinkle with extra panko.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool before serving.