Mini Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1 box (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 C. whipping cream
- 1/4 C. Key lime or regular lime juice
- 4 drops green food color
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Cup.cakes – 48 regular-size paper baking Cups
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake. Mix water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box.
- Frosting 1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 Tbs. Key lime or regular lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated Key lime or regular lime peel
In large bowl, beat pudding mix and whipping cream with wire whisk 2 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes. Beat in 1/4 C. Key lime juice and the food color; stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place paper baking C. in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box. Spoon about 1 rounded Tbs. batter into each muffin cup, using about half of the batter. (Muffin Cups will be about 1/3 full.) Refrigerate remaining batter. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining baking cups and batter. Cool cupcakes completely, about 15 minutes.
Remove cupcakes from baking cups. Swirl about 2 tsp. topping on top of each cupcake. Stir frosting in container 20 times. Gently stir in 1 Tbs. Key lime juice and the lime peel. Spoon topping into 1-qt. resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 1/2-inch opening across bottom corner of bag. Squeeze 1 rounded tsp. frosting from bag onto topping. Garnish with fresh lime wedge, if desired. Store in refrigerator. Divide batter in half. Distribute 1/2 batter evenly among 24 muffin cups. Refrigerate remaining batter, and repeat process.
©2006®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved