Mint Mocha Truffles
Serving Size / Yield
- • ½ cup Heavy cream
- • ½ cup cocoa powder
- • 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- • Crushed peppermint candies (optional)
- • 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- • Additional chocolate for drizzling (optional)
- • ½ teaspoon water
1. In a bowl, combine the instant coffee and water whisk to dissolve. Add the cream and peppermint extract, and set aside.
2. Heat the cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until it starts to almost simmer, stirring constantly throughout.
3. Once the cream is hot, pour it over the melted chocolate and allow to sit for about 3 minutes.
4. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture is very smooth
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
6. When ready to make the truffles, use a mini ice cream scoop to form little balls and place the balls on waxed paper.
7. Carefully dip each ball into the melted chocolate and coat on all sides. Keep refrigerated until about 30 minutes before ready to serve.