Minty Irish Chocolate Cream Pie
- 9-inch pie crust, baked and cooled or 1 9 oz. pkg. graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 1/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/3 C. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 C. milk
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 18 small York Peppermint Patties (1 1/2 inches in diameter), divided
- 6 drops green food color (optional)
Prepare crust, if desired. Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into prepared crust; carefully press plastic wrap directly onto pie filling. Cool; refrigerate 6 hours or until firm.
Shortly before serving, remove wrappers from peppermint patties. Remove plastic wrap from pie. Cut 9 peppermint candies in half; place, cut side down, at outer edge of pie filling, forming a scalloped edge. Finely chop remaining 9 patties; fold into whipped topping with green food color, if desired. Spread peppermint topping on pie. Serve immediately. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
Yield: 10 servings