- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese, (8 oz)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened, (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. chopped cooked ham
- 1/3 C. chopped green chiles
- 1/3 C. chopped green onions
- 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1-lb) round loaf French bread
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Set dip aside. Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge. Lift out center of loaf; cut into 1-inch cubes, and set aside. Fill hollowed bread loaf with dip; cover with reserved top slice of bread loaf. Wrap reserved loaf with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips.
Makes about 4 C. of dip.