Mock Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbs. light olive oil
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill or 1 Tbs. minced fresh dill
- 6 oz. small pasta rings
- 4-5 oz. baked tofu, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil with 2 tablespoons of water in a large soup pot. Add celery, carrots, and onions. Saute over medium heat until the vegetables begin to soften. This should take about 10 minutes.
Add 8 cups of water, bouillon cubes, seasoning, and dill. Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Raise the heat and bring to a rapid simmer. Add pasta and simmer until al dente. Add the tofu, then season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.y