Mom's Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (cubed)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease two baking sheets.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar in large bowl.
3. Cut in butter to form coarse pieces.
4. Add raisins and currants.
5. Make a well in the middle of the dough and pour in the milk and vinegar.
6. Stir until moistened.
7. Knead dough on well floured surface.
8. Divide in two balls and place on baking sheets.
9. Bake 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 375 degrees. Bake until bread is golden brown (approximately 15 more minutes).