Mouth Watering Toothfish Steaks with Pesto and Coriander
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 MSC Certified Toothfish steaks
- 2 Tbs pesto (any sort)
- 1 tsp minced coriander (or 1 Tbs chopped fresh coriander)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 pinch Ground fresh black pepper
- 1 dash olive oil.
Mix all the other ingredients except the olive oil and spread on both sides of the steaks. Leave covered in the fridge for 20 minutes.Heat a griddle or frying pan with a splash of olive oil, and cook the fish on a medium to high heat for about three minutes each side (adjust according to the thickness of the steaks) until just cooked through. Serve with wild rice and a salad.
- The first toothfish fishery that was MSC certified was the South Georgia Patagonian toothfish longline fishery in 2004
- 30% of the world-wide toothfish catch comes from certified fisheries
- An additional 39% of other toothfish fisheries are currently under assessment
- Most major toothfish fisheries have seen the benefits of certification and taken steps to become MSC certified