Mushroom and Brown Rice Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 10-oz. pkg. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 4-oz. pkg. assorted sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 C. shredded carrots
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 32-oz. container vegetable broth (4 C.)
- 3/4 C. instant brown rice
- 2 C. water
In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion an dcook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and acarrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, salt, thyme and pepper and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Add broth, rice and water; cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, partially covered, until rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
Each serving: About 170 calories, 8g protein, 24g carbohydrate, 6g total fat (1g sat.), 0mg cholesterol, 1,260mg sodium