Mushroom and Tofu Stir Fry
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu (drained and cubed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced and peeled)
- 4 green onions (diced diagonally)
1. In medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and pepper flakes.
2. Add tofu and marinate 30 minutes.
3. Drain and reserve liquid.
4. Stir 1/4 cup water and cornstarch into marinade.
5. Heat one tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet over medium/high heat.
6. Add tofu and saute until golden brown.
7. Remove tofu and add rest of oil into skillet.
8. Stir fry mushrooms until tender.
9. Add peas and continue frying.
10. Add garlic and ginger.
11. Return tofu back to skillet.
12. Drizzle marinade over mixture and continue frying until thicker.
13. Place in bowls and garnish with green onion.