Mushroom Artichoke Casserole
- 3 C. fresh mushrooms cut in half (quarters if large)
- 1/2 C. sliced green onions
- 4 Tbs. oleo or butter
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules dissolved in 3/4 C water
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 10 oz. frozen artichoke hearts cooked and drained or 2 cans artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and quartered (remove any choke).
- 3/4 C. soft bread crumbs (about 3 slices)
- 2 Tbs. melted oleo or butter
Sauté mushrooms and onions in 4 Tbs. oleo until liquid rendered. Remove with slotted spoon to 2 qt. casserole with cooked and drained artichoke hearts. Blend flour, dash of salt and pepper into pan liquid, add milk, bouillon water mixture, lemon juice and nutmeg, cook until bubbly. Pour over vegetables and mix well. Combine crumbs with melted oleo and sprinkle around edge of casserole. Cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.