Mushroom Bacon Monster Burgers
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- 12 white mushrooms or button mushrooms or Portobello mushrooms in any combination
- 2 lbs ground beef (mixed with 1/2 C. minced onion)
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger rolls, split and buttered
- 4 slices provolone or white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise and sour cream mixed together
- Vegetable cooking oil
In a large skillet, sauté the bacon till it is cooked. Set aside to drain.
In the same pain, add the beef, mushrooms, onions and sauté on low heat till cooked through.
Set aside to cool. When cool, shape into burger patties and chill again.
Prepare a grill or a pan and sauté the burgers till cooked through. Grill for 5 to ten minutes only.
Stuff the burgers into the prepared hoagies, add the cheese, spread the mixture, and toast before serving.