Serving Size / Yield
- butter-flavor cooking spray
- 6 oz. mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, white part plus 1 inch of green, thinly sliced
- 1 C. egg substitute
- 1 oz. fat-free cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 tsp. crushed dried thyme
Coat a saute pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and scallions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and all liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Make sure scallions don't burn.
Add egg substitute and diced cheese. Lower heat to medium and cook without stirring until omelet starts to bubble around edges, about 10 seconds. Then stir, pushing mixture toward center of pan.
When bottom is set but top is slightly wet and creamy, carefully slide the omelet out of the pan onto a serving platter. Flip one half over the other half to form a half-circle. Cut the omelet in half. Serve immediately.