Mushroom-Smothered Beef Burgers
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 C. Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 sm. onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 C.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms (about 1 1/2 C.)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C. water
1. Thoroughly mix 1/4 cup soup, beef, bread crumbs, onion and egg in a large bowl. Season with the black pepper. Shape the beef mixture firmly into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) burgers.
2. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the burgers from the skillet.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and heat the oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir the remaining soup, Worcestershire and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the burgers are cooked through. Spoon mushroom mixture over burgers before serving.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.