- 36 jumbo shells
- 3/4 lb. ground beef extra lean
- 1 1 1/4 oz. pkg. low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 C. water
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans with chilies
- 1 C. reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 C. picante sauce
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 2 oz. can sliced olives
- 1/2 C. green onion, thinly sliced
- Low-fat sour cream
- Low-fat grated Cheddar cheese
- Chopped jalapeno
- Chopped cilantro
- Salsa, guacamole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, sauté beef in a large skillet until browned; drain well. Add taco seasoning mix and water; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beans and cheese and cook until smooth and well mixed. When pasta is done, drain well.
Fill shells with beef mixture (1-2 Tbs. per shell). Combine picante sauce and tomato sauce in a saucepan. Cook until heated, stirring occasionally. Spread 1/2 C. sauce over the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
Place filled shells side by side on top of sauce; pour remaining sauce evenly over shells.
Sprinkle with olives. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 35-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onions. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve immediately and garnish with sour cream, cheese, jalapeno, cilantro, salsa and/or guacamole.