No-Bake Frozen S'mores
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 box (about 6.5 oz.) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 16 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. powdered sugar
1) In a food processor, mix 1/2 a box of graham cracker crumbs with one stick of butter, cubed. You should have a crumbly mixture. Press this into a 9X9 pan and place in freezer.
2) In a double-boiler, or in a glass/ceramic bowl over a pot of a few inches of boiling water, melt down the chocolate with the second stick of butter.
3) In a mixing bowl, add vanilla to the melted butter and chocolate, as well as the two egg yolks. Add powdered sugar and mix with electric beaters until thick and fluffy. After the graham crust has been in the freezer for at least thirty minutes, add this chocolate mixture atop it and place back in the freezer.
4) With an electric beater, beat the egg whites until they peak. Fold in softened cream cheese, making sure not to loose the stiffness of the egg whites.
5) Finally, add this mixture atop the chocolate mixture and freeze. Let the dessert sit out for 10-2- minutes before serving. Sprinkle top with graham crumbs.
(photo cred: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1007213/16-creative-smores-recipes)