No-Bake Key Lime Pie
- Lime Filling:
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (see note)
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 C. fresh or bottled Key Lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime rind
- 1 C. whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or lemon extract
- 3 Tbs. confectioners' sugar
To make Lime Filling, in a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, lime juice, and lime rind. Whip until mixture is smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust. Cover with plastic wrap (use the plastic from the crust) and chill thoroughly.
To make topping, in a medium bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla or lemon extract and confectioners' sugar. Continue to whip until cream forms stiff peaks. Place topping in a fine-mesh sieve and place sieve over a bowl to catch liquid that drains off. Cover topping tightly with plastic wrap and allow to drain for 2 hours. Before serving, discard liquid that has drained from topping. Spread topping over pie.
Note: Do not throw away the plastic from the crust. This can be inverted after the crust is filled and used as a cover. Much easier and neater than plastic wrap.
From: Bob Kiss, Largo, Florida