No-Bake Light Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 14 oz. heavy cream
- 3 eggs (whites)
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- *note: Try a different flavor every time. Instead of vanilla, try: 2 oz. of a liquor like rum, creme de menthe (mint), or cointreau (orange); 2 oz. of espresso; or any other extract you fancy! If adding liquor or espresso, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the chocolate mixture as well, to maintain texture.
*note: at least 40 minutes before preparing the dessert, place a metal mixing bowl and beaters (from electric mixer) in the fridge.
1) In a double boiler, carefully melt the dark chocolate and stir in vanilla. Remove from heat ans set aside.
2) In the cold, metal mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until it peaks. Likewise, (room temp bowl is fine) beat the egg whites until they form (soft) peaks. Add sugar gradually and whip until the whites are stiff.
3) Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate, and then add the whipped cream.
4) Chill for at least one hour before serving.