Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 C. sugar cookies
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 55 caramels
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 C. coconut
1. Combine chocolate chips, 2 Tbs. butter and vanilla and microwave on high for 30 seconds until chocolate chips are melted.
2. Stir until smooth then spread all but 2 Tbs. of the chocolate in a layer over a parchment covered 7x12 or 9x9 in. pan.
3. Crumble cookies in a food processor.
4. Melt 6 Tbs. of butter then combine wiith cookies and 1/4 C. sugar. Press on top of chocolate crust.
5. Place caramels and milk in a large bowl and micowave for 1-2 minutes until caramels are melty.
6. Stir until milk is incorporate into the caramel then stir in the coconut.
7. Spread on top of the cookie crust, pressing it firmly into place.
8. Reheat the remaining chocolate and butter mixture from step 2 and drizzle over the caramel coconut layer.
9. Allow chocolate to harden before serving.
Photo courtesy of Babble