No Sugar Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing
- 2 C. Splenda
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large Vidalia onion, grated very finely (about 1 C.)
- 2 C. white vinegar
- 1/2 C. aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
In a small saucepan, stir together the first seven ingredients. Add grated Vidalia onion. Add the extra virgin oil and vinegars. Whisk together so that everything is blended. Heat on medium for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool and refrigerate.
Yield: 1 quart
Note: For those not on a low sugar diet, use 2 C. granulated sugar instead of SPLENDA.