- 2 10 1/2 oz. pkg. reduced-fat, extra-firm, silken tofu
- 2 C. reduced-fat soymilk, or other plain, non-dairy "milk"
- 2/3 C. turbinado sugar, light brown sugar, or sucanat (or use 1/2 C. honey or 1 C. alternate liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C. cold water
- 1 C. rum or brandy or use apple juice with rum or brandy flavoring to taste
- 4 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 20 ice cubes
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Place the crumbled tofu and the soymilk in a blender with the sugar and salt. Blend until very smooth. Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum or brandy, and vanilla. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time. To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy. Repeat with the other half. Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Yield: 10 servings