Noodle and Rice Casserole
- 1/2 C. margarine
- 1/2 lb. fine noodles, uncooked
- 2 C. raw converted rice (white or brown)
- 2 3/4 C. water and 1 pg. onion soup mix, mixed together
- 2 10-3/4-oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 C. water
- 1 8-oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 lb. fresh sauteed mushrooms or 1 jar of canned ones drained
Melt margarine in a 12-inch frying pan. Saute uncooked noodles until lightly browned. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat. Add uncooked rice and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Place in a 9x13-inch pan. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Note: If re-warming this dish, mix in a small amount of water so casserole does not dry out.