Not Too Sweet Vanilla Pecan Pie
Serving Size / Yield
- One 9 inch pie shell
- 1/2 C. light corn syrup
- 1/2 C. dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs – room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 1/2 C. pecan halves
1) Poke holes with a folk on the pie shell and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees F. When it is cooled, cover the edge of pie crust with aluminum foil.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt all together.
3) When it mixes well, add the melted butter and mix.
4) Add the pecan halves into the bowl.
5) Pour the pie filling into the prepared pie shell and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at the 420 degrees F. Then, turn down the oven to 350 degrees F and bake some more about 18 minutes.
Submitted by: Hitoe Engelbrekt