Nutella Fudge Brownies with Mocha Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. Nutella spread
- 1 large egg
- 5 Tbs. all purpose flour
- 1/4 C. hazelnuts
- Mocha Butter cream Frosting
- 1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 C. confectioner’s sugar
- 1/8 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 C. warm milk
- 2 tsp. dry espresso or instant coffee
1. Heat the oven to 350
2. Line 12 -cup mini muffin pans with paper or foil liners
3. Put the Nutella and egg in medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour (and cinnamon if using) and whisk until blended in.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full). If using hazelnuts, sprinkle those on top of brownies.
5. Bake until a toothpick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, approximately 11-12 minutes. I’m in dry Denver, I took mine out at 10 minutes.
6. Set on a rack to cool completely.
For Mocha Buttercream Frosting:
1. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a medium bow and mix slowly until everything is moistened.
2. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until uniform and fluffy.
3. If necessary, add up to 1/4 cup additional confectioner’s sugar until the mixture is somewhat firm.
4. Pipe or spread onto the top of cool cupcakes