Nutty Carrot Rounds
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
- 1 C. shredded carrots
- 1/3 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 C. raisins
- 1/4 C. parsley, chopped
- 12 slices raisin bread or any kind of firm bread
- 1 extra grated carrot, as garnish
- 24 pecan halves, as garnish
- round cutter measuring 1 1/2 in.
Combine all ingredients, except bread and garnish, in a medium-sized bowl. Chill until ready to use. Cut 2 circles from each bread slice. Mound filling on top of each circle and sprinkle with extra grated carrot. Place pecan half on top for garnish.
Shared by Kim Hendrickson, the author of the Tastefully Small™cookbook series, and the winner of two Florida Publishers Association gold medals. She has catered for the New York Metropolitan Opera, and the Penguin Rep Theatre, the Bizarre Food show and Slangman's World. She is a regular presenter at the World Tea Expo, the John C. Campbell Folk School, and at culinary events throughout the New York are. Kim teaches that good food is more than good taste; it's the fun and joy of creating something beautiful and sharing it with others.