One-Dish Italian Spaghetti
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 oz. frozen ground sirloin or ground round, no more than 1-inch thick
- 2 C. uncooked spaghetti, bow-tie pasta, macaroni, etc.
- 1/4 C. water
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. oregano or Italian spice blend
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
Place frozen meat in the bottom of a 4-6 quart pressure cooker. Add pasta, then water, making sure all pasta is covered with the liquid. Add garlic and seasonings. Top with the tomato sauce. Do not stir tomato sauce into the pasta mixture.
Close cooker, bring to pressure, then lower to very low heat. Cook for 9 minutes (15 psi), then remove from heat and quick-release pressure according to the manufacturer's directions. If using a 10 psi pressure cooker, cook 9 minutes, then let pressure release naturally. Open cooker, stir (breaking up the meat), and serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 3-4 servings