One Dish Taco Skillet
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. frozen hash browns
- 1 C. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 C. coleslaw mix, or thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 C. store bought salsa
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until no longer pink.
2. Using a slotted spoon, drain meat and return to skillet with 1/4 C. of water and taco seasoning.
3. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring, until the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Set meat aside.
4. Wipe out the skillet with paper towel and add oil to the skillet. Add the hash browns to the skillet and cook according to package directions.
5. After flipping the hash browns, top with the meat and grated cheese. Continue cooking until the hash browns are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
6. Remove from the heat and top with the coleslaw mix, green onions, cilantro and lime juice. Serve with avocado slices and salsa.