Serving Size / Yield
- 5 large seedless oranges
- 2 lemons
- 8 C. water
- 8 C. sugar
- Jars for storage
1. Remove the peels from the oranges and lemons as well as their tough centers. It will make your marmalade bitter.
2. Cut into round slices and then into half crescents.
3. Put into a pot with water and bring to a boil. Stir frequently.
4. Turn off heat and mix in the sugar until it disappears.
5. Put a lid on the pot and let it stand over night.
6. The next day bring back to a boil and then let simmer for 1 hour. Boil again and stir frequently for 30 minutes.
7. Skim off the extra foam.
8. Fill mason jars with marmalade and process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.