Orange Roughy Baked in Foil
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz. orange roughy fillets
- 2 scallions (white part plus 1 inch green), cut in half lengthwise
- 6 thin asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 4 very thin slices unpeeled navel orange
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbs. fresh orange juice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut 2 pieces aluminum foil, about 12X8 inches (larger if fillets are bigger; use about 2 1/2 times the width of the fillet).
Place fillet in the middle of each piece of foil. Top with scallions, asparagus and orange slices. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic powder and pepper. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon orange juice on each fillet. Carefully close foil and crimp edges. Transfer packets to a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
To serve, place packets on serving plates and break open.